Finding a healthy lunch recipe that actually tastes good isn’t that easy, but I like to have a collection of them on hand to be able to have a quick lunch. This easy tuna salad recipe is just the thing…full of protein, low on calories, and takes only a few minutes to throw together.
One of my goals this year is to lose 45 pounds. I’ve been carrying this extra weight around for some time, and I really want to get it off this year.
Luckily, I love to exercise (yes, really). I go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week, so I’ve got the calorie-burning thing down. My problem with weight loss is the eating…I love to eat!
What I’ve discovered about myself and dieting over the past few years is that if I totally deprive myself of the foods I really love, then I am more likely to binge on them after a couple days of “being good.”
That’s why this year, I’m trying to create some healthy recipes that still contain a bit of the yummy stuff that I love to eat, but are much lower in calories.
This Tuna Salsa Tortilla Salad has all my favorites…crunchy tortilla chips, zesty salsa, and a bit of cheese and sour cream, plus, it is high in protein to keep you feeling full all afternoon (and less likely to snack).
Tuna Salsa Tortilla Salad: A Healthy Lunch Recipe
- Handful of tortilla chips
- 1-2 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 3 oz. tuna packed in water, drained
- 2-4 T salsa
- 1-2 c. shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 c. grape tomatoes halved
- 1 T. sour cream
- Place the chips on a microwave-safe plate and cover with cheese. Microwave for 20-30 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, mix together the tuna and salsa until desired consistency.
- Place tuna mixture on top of chips, then layer on the remaining ingredients.
I literally threw this together for lunch the other day and enjoyed every mouthful! Hope you enjoy it too 🙂