I’m a bit late starting Money Saving Mom’s Clutter-Busting Challenge, but I’m very excited about it! Despite my efforts to clean out closets and organize in 2012, this house still has too much clutter laying around.
The essence of the challenge is to go through your home each weekday and find 7 items that you can throw out. That might not seem like a lot, but over the course of the month, that really adds up to a great deal.
Day 5: A big haul
Since I’m starting late, I decided to go ahead and play catch-up…meaning that I had find 35 items to part with today. It surprisingly wasn’t too hard (hey, I told you we still had lots of clutter!), and with the help of my kids, I finished the chore in only about 10 minutes.
Some of the items I found today were:
- 11 Keeping Up Appearances videotapes (we don’t even have a working VCR anymore!)
- A potty-training DVD
- The cardboard box that my laptop came in
- 5 stuffed cows from Chick-Fil-A
- Various old, used-up coloring books
- A picture frame that I found on clearance at Target (which I found was actually broken when I brought it home)
I put the items that are still worthwhile into a box for a garage sale, and the rest of the things went into the recycling bin or the garbage. It feels good to clear out this old stuff!
Are you joining the Clutter-Busting Challenge?