As we’re heading into the colder months of the year, many of us will find ourselves with dry, tired skin as a result of being out the cold weather or from the drying effects of the furnace.
That’s why I love using this Cinnamon Coffee Sugar Scrub in the shower during the cold days of fall and winter…being able to scrub away the old skin cells and moisturizing the newer ones with coconut and Vitamin E oils does me a world of good!
Not only do I like to make up batches of this sugar scrub for myself (mom needs some pampering from time to time!), but I love to give it as gifts to my friends at the holidays or for their birthdays. There’s nothing so nice as a homemade gift, and this is not something that they will easily find in a department store.
How to Make the Cinnamon Coffee Sugar Scrub
To begin, gather the following ingredients: brown and white sugars, coconut oil, ground coffee, ground cinnamon and Vitamin E oil (affiliate link).
Not only does the coconut and Vitamin E oils help to moisturize your skin, but the coffee is a natural skin brightener and the cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties, which is such a benefit in the winter.
Just place the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
Place the finished sugar scrub in an airtight container, such as a mason jar or other glass container with a tight-fitting lid.
To use, wet your skin with warm water in the shower and apply the cinnamon coffee sugar scrub. Gently rub skin in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water and pat dry, then apply your favorite skin moisturizer.
Cinnamon Coffee Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3-4 drops Vitamin E oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the coconut oil and both sugars.
- Mix in the coffee and cinnamon and stir until well incorporated.
- Add the vitamin E oil and stir to mix.
- Transfer to an airtight container for use up to 6 months. Yields 2 cups.
How to Use:
- Wet skin with warm water in the shower and apply the cinnamon coffee sugar scrub. Enjoy the uplifting aroma!
- Gently rub skin in a circular motion. Both sugars are great for exfoliating and the coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. Coffee is a natural skin brightener and temporarily reduces cellulite. Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply your favorite skin moisturizer.
Giving this cinnamon coffee sugar scrub as a gift couldn’t be easier…just tie some pretty ribbon around the neck of your mason jar or place the scrub into one of these pretty jars that comes with a handy wooden spoon (affiliate link), and tie a bow around it.
I hope you’ll try making this scrub soon!