Nothing is better than sneaking a scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough while you’re trying to make cookies for your family. Unfortunately, eating raw cookie dough isn’t too healthy for you, especially with raw eggs in it. But you can still get the yummy flavor of the cookie dough by making chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt!
This recipe is eggless, so you don’t have to worry about it being safe to eat, and it’s a bit healthier than cookies, due to the high-protein yogurt inside.
The best thing about this recipe, however, is that you can make it without an ice cream maker! You just mix up the recipe, freeze, and scoop…talk about an easy dessert!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
To make the chocolate chip cookie dough, start out by creaming the sugars with the butter and vanilla with a mixer until it is light and fluffy. In a smaller bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.
Combine the butter and flour mixtures together, making a crumbly-looking cookie dough.
Add the yogurt to the cookie dough, and stir to combine. Cover the bowl, and freeze until fully set, or overnight.
When you’re ready to eat, simply scoop the yogurt and serve. Even without an ice cream maker, this frozen yogurt has such a nice consistency!
Doesn’t that look easy to make? You can prep the ingredients early in the morning, let it freeze all day, and have it ready for an after-dinner dessert treat!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
- ½ cups Unsalted Butter Softened
- ½ cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¾ cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars together until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a smaller mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips or chunks and stir.
- Add the flour and chocolate chip mixture to butter mixture and fold in carefully. Add yogurt and stir again.
- Cover with lid and freeze until fully set or overnight.
- Scoop and Enjoy!
Now you can enjoy cookie dough without the guilt! I hope this chocolate chip cookie dough frozen yogurt will soon become one of your family’s favorite desserts 🙂