It seems like getting my kids to eat healthy foods is always a struggle, particularly at breakfast time. With all the sugary cereals and pastries available, it’s practically impossible to talk them into a healthy breakfast.
But it’s not hard at all to get my kids to eat these Berry Yogurt Breakfast Pops! Disguised as a fun popsicle, the kids don’t know that they are eating healthy berries and protein-packed Greek yogurt, with a little honey-sweetened granola on top.
We don’t need to tell them that these breakfast pops are good for them, do we? It’ll be our little secret 😉
Please note, this post contains referral links, which means that I earn a small commission if you make a purchase through that link.
How to make berry yogurt breakfast pops
These pops come together pretty quickly, but they do need some time to set up in the freezer, so you might want to put them together the night before so that they are ready first thing in the morning.
You’ll need these ingredients for the berry yogurt pops: Greek vanilla yogurt, milk, honey, vanilla extract, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, and your favorite granola.
Having a popsicle mold makes putting together these pops quick and easy, but if you don’t have one, don’t worry! You can always use small paper cups and popsicle sticks too.
To begin, wash and cut your strawberries into small pieces and place a few in the bottom of each mold.
Mix the yogurt, vanilla, milk and honey in a separate bowl, stirring well to combine. Pour some of this mixture over the berries, coming about halfway up the mold.
Add some blueberries and a few more strawberry pieces to the mold, then fill the rest of the mold with yogurt, making sure to leave about 1/2 inch of space at the top.
Insert the popsicle sticks into the mold, then place the mold into the freezer for about 30 minutes while you work on the granola.
To prepare the granola, drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey over the granola in a mixing bowl, then stir well to coat.
Pull the popsicle mold out of the freezer, then spoon the granola mixture on top of each popsicle in the mold, pressing down firmly.
Return the mold to the freezer and let the popsicles freeze overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
Berry Yogurt Breakfast Pops
Want a fun, easy and healthy breakfast for your kids? Try these berry yogurt breakfast pops! Even the kids who are picky eaters love munching on one of these fruit and yogurt pops.
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons honey divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7-8 strawberries - diced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granola
- Add the yogurt, milk, 1 Tablespoon honey and vanilla into a medium mixing bowl. Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Place 2-3 strawberry pieces into the bottom of each ice pop mold.
- Add the yogurt mixture to each of the ice pop molds, filling each mold halfway.
- Drop 5-6 blueberries and a few more strawberry pieces into each mold. Cover with additional yogurt up to the top of each mold, leaving about 1/2 inch space.
- Insert wooden sticks into each mold and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of honey over the granola and toss to coat.
- Spoon the coated granola into the top of each chilled ice pop mold, pressing down firmly.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours.
*If you do not have ice pop molds, this recipe would work using disposable Dixie cups and wooden sticks.
Breakfast has never been this fun…or yummy…for kids! They’ll want to share this healthy breakfast idea with all their friends.
But you don’t have to restrict this treat for only breakfast time…these berry yogurt pops make great snacks too. Perfect for an after school snack or while at the pool in the summer 🙂
Hope you and your family enjoy these Berry Yogurt Breakfast Pops!