I’m so excited to share with you the adorable teacher gift that we made just-in-time for Back-to-School!
I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it was the cutest thing ever! (What did we all do in the days before Pinterest??) This project was originally done by Amy at The Happy Scraps. Go check out her blog…EVERYTHING on there is fabulous!
This gift is a cinch to make and if you’re like me, you may already have many of the supplies in your craft stash. Here’s what I used:
- Pretty flower pot that I got on clearance at Michael’s for $.99 (Amy used a metal pail, but I couldn’t find any pretty ones at my store)
- Block of foam to fit inside your container
- #2 yellow pencils (on sale for $.25/pack at Office Depot)
- Scrap paper in various colors
- Easter grass or shredded paper
- Cricut with the George and Basic Shapes cartridge, or a flower punch
To begin, I cut out some flower shapes using the George cartridge on my Cricut. After a bit of experimentation, I discovered that a 2″ flower worked best. It was the perfect size to fit over the eraser of the pencil.
Next, you want to cover the foam with the grass, and then insert the pencils into the foam to resemble a bunch of flowers. My daughter helped me get the pencils arranged….it was a bit tough, but she was still able to do it!
Next week, I’ll show you a fun project you can do with the cheap composition books that are available right now during the back-to-school sales.