My local Harris Teeter had their special Super Doubles coupon event again this past week, and wow did I find some great deals!
In case you haven’t heard of Super Doubles before, it’s basically a special week-long event in which Harris Teeter doubles coupons up to $2 in value….giving you up to $4 off on one item!
Super Doubles is so wonderful that I usually go to the store about 4 or 5 days of that week to stock up on everything. Since they only allow 20 coupons per day, I have to break up my trips over several days. It’s also a great time to use old rainchecks that match up to current coupons…it’s how I was able to get 2 packages of sugar this week for only 37 cents each 🙂
Super Doubles Haul #1
Not only did I grab some of the great coupon deals on day 1, but I also stocked up on the meats that were on sale. Here are some of the highlights of this haul:
- Hefty garbage bags, $2.87 (regularly $8.99)
- Wisk detergent, $1.99 (regularly $6.99)
- Barilla pasta, $.39 (regularly $1.65)
- Shredded Wheat cereal, $.19 (regularly $4.19)
- Head and Shoulders shampoo, $.99 (regularly $5.99)
- Pantene shampoo, $.50 (regularly $4.59)
- Tyson grilled chicken, $3.22 (regularly $9.45)
- Smart Balance butter, $.39 (regularly $2.69)
My total before store card and coupons was $132.37. After card and coupon, I paid $39.70, saving 70%!
Super Doubles Haul #2
On my second trip, about 2/3 of my total was made up of produce, cat food, and turkey from the deli, for which I didn’t have coupons, so this one doesn’t seem too great.
I bought more Shredded Wheat, shampoo, and deodorant, along with some other deals:
- Kashi cereal, $.99 (regularly $3.99)
- Hungry Jack pancake mix, FREE (regularly $2.89)
- No Yolk noodles, $.40 (regularly $2.79)
- Bear Naked granola, FREE (regularly $4.79)
- Secret deodorant, $.49 (regularly $2.99)
- Chobani yogurt, FREE (regularly $3)
- Egg Whites, $.50 (regularly $2.99)
My total before store card and coupons was $142.85. After card and coupons, I paid $58.99, saving 59%!
Super Doubles Haul #3
I still had a few coupons to use before the sale was over, so I headed over to see if there was any stock left. To my surprise, there was!
I also used some rainchecks that I had been saving to pick up some steals 🙂
- Sugar, $.37
- Angel Soft bath tissue, $2.97
- Gevalia coffee, $3.99 (regularly $8.49)
- Balance bar, FREE (regularly $1.45)
- Meatballs, $.50
- Hot dogs, $.47
My total before store card and coupons was $99.46. After card and coupons, I paid $38.63, saving 61%
With all this food, I won’t have to go to the grocery store for weeks! Actually, we will donate some of this to the food pantry that our church supports…that’s another reason I love Super Doubles…an inexpensive way that we can help the hungry in our community.
What’s the most you’ve ever saved with coupons at the grocery store?